Bosham Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which we refer to in our prospectus. Parents and carers are welcome to read the Policy on request; a copy of the policy can be found on this website.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Child Protection Officer and Designated Safeguarding lead:
Mr Mark Richmond (Acting Headteacher) email@example.com
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Mrs Michelle Earnshaw firstname.lastname@example.org
If your concern is serious, please contact Mrs Walster (01243 572375) who will arrange for you to speak with a DSL as soon as possible.
As a school we work closely with Operation Encompass to support our families. For more information, please see: https://www.operationencompass.org
Raising a concern about a child or an adult working with children
- If you think a child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.
Less immediate concern
- You can complete the online form using the following link:
T:\Safeguarding\Report a Concern about a Child = https://www.westsussexscp.org.uk/
Other ways to raise a concern
- Phone: 01403 229900 (Monday to Friday between 9.00am and 5.00pm)
- Professionals must use the online form unless there is an emergency safeguarding concern.
For emergencies only
- If you require the Emergency Duty Team (EDT) outside of office hours (5.00pm-9.00am weekdays) or at weekends and bank holidays, please call 033 022 26664. If the Emergency Duty Team line is unavailable and you need to report an emergency safeguarding concern, please call 07711 769657. Note that this number does not accept texts.
Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
- If you have a concern about an adult working or volunteering with children who may have behaved inappropriately, please report it to the LADO team using the referral form on the West Sussex Safeguarding Children Partnership website. Return your completed form to LADO@westsussex.gov.uk.
T:\Safeguarding\LADO online contact form = https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/education-children-and-families/keeping-children-safe/raise-a-concern-about-a-child/
If you’re not ready to make a referral, but would like to speak to the LADO for advice, please contact the team: